World Book Night @ Arcadia

I'm really pleased to be able to once again celebrate World Book Night at the wonderful Arcadia Bar, for the third time.

World Book Night is the wonderful event that sees thousands of people been given a book, recommended by another person, for free. This matches the ethos of the Travelling Suitcase Library completing and I'm really proud to keep it local, in my favourite pub, and once again be able to share books and reading with the regulars and  locals of Headingley.

I'll be there, Travelling Suitcase Library is tow, from 7ish, and we'll be having a book party until about 10. I'm giving away copies of Malorie Blackman's wonderful book Noughts and Crosses, which you must read if you haven't, as well as the regular book swap.

I'll be using the downstairs side room, so it will be accessible. Arcadia doesn't allow children in the pub, sadly, as it doesn't have a licence for them, or pub crawls or fancy dress. I'm also claiming the space as body positive and Leeds Ladyfest will be selling tickets for their calender lotto. There may also be cake.

If you're a giver, and this sounds like your thing, please do join us. You can email me bookelfleeds @ Gmail dot com, join the Facebook group, or just turn up on the night.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment